Songs and tradition say that the Holiday season is the happiest time of the year. To us -moms-, sometimes things get pretty hectic, and might have to disagree with that affirmation. So, if you have decided to take it easy and not travel anywhere or are coming to Miami to spend this time of the year- here is our awaited and curated list of great things you can do with your kids (some without) – festive and non-festive related. Let’s try to make it the happiest time regardless so – Take a deep breath and enjoy!
- 1-❄️ Celebrate the winter traditions of the families that lived and worked in Miami a 100 years ago and enjoy a Holiday Evening at Vizcaya Village. The main house decorated for the holidays is a must-see!
- 2-🚂On Thursday, December 6th Join Mercy for their Spectacular Tree Lighting and enjoy train rides, free hot chocolate & churros, photos with Santa, and special performances.
- 3- Talk to trees, find the missing fairy sisters, walk through an illuminated maze, do a scavenger hunt, and lose yourself in the moment at the enchanted Fairchild NightGarden!
- 4- Check out the coolest family day this winter at ICA in Miami Design District
- 5- Experience a classic tale of Christmas in a whole new way, get tickets to The Mandelstam’s The Mouse King – a magical performance that brings and imaginative twist on the Nutcracker to life.
- 6- Be witness to a sand tree unique to a Miami Holiday experience and enjoy 12 days of Christmas at traditional Ritz Carlton Key Biscayne.
- 7- Catch a movie at Family Day on Aragon, every second Saturday and Sunday hosted by the Coral Gables Museum, Books & Books and the Coral Gables Art Cinema.
- 8-🌈Start art baseling and enjoy leading galleries from North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia and Africa right here in Miami showing work from the masters of Modern and contemporary art, as well the new generation of emerging stars.
- 9- Let your kids spend a night at the museum or simply explore the museum during the day – Frost Museum (yeah! they do have a winter program for kids)
- 10-🍵Have the afternoon tea experience at the Biltmore’s magnificent lobby alongside live harp music. During the holiday season guests can expect themed pastries.
- 11- Listen to Christmas carols and festive holiday songs from around the world performed by the renowned New World Symphony.
- 12- Enjoy the Miami City Ballet perform the Nutcracker at the Adrienne Arsht Center.
- 13- 🎄Start holiday shopping at some of the many community Bazaars! December 2nd
- St Agnes and St. Hughs, December 8th – St. Christopher by-the-Sea.
14- 🎁Bundle up and enjoy a traditional festival of trees at Charles Deering’s waterfront home, join during the annual lighting festival, featuring hot chocolate, holiday music and a letter drop-off for Santa.
- 15- Get your winter clothes and go ice skating in Miami Beach – for those of you asking, the downtown Intercontinental ice-skating rink is not opening this year!
- 16- Watch “How the Grinch stole Christmas” while floating around in a tube in the Oleta River.
- 17-🚂Hop on the Brightline in Ft. Lauderdale to ride the Polar Express while drinking some hot chocolate!
- 18- Ring in the holidays at the Miami Children’s Museum as they celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah, and New Years!
- 19- Schedule a date time and on Friday or Saturday and indulge in a delectable multi-course dinner served in the opulent Faena Theater before feasting your eyes on Samsara Cabaret. A not to be missed show that tells the transformative journey of Artemis, a being made of stardust, as she confronts the light and dark energy that surrounds her through song, dance, acrobatics, optical illusions.
- 20- 🍓Go strawberry picking and try a fresh cinnamon roll at the famous Knaus Berry Farm.
- 21-🍾Find a babysitter, get dressed up, and grab a drink at one of our favorite rooftop bars Sugar or stop by at holiday bar pop-up in Wynwood Gramps Bar.