Miami is a wonderful place to be. Whether you live here or you are visiting there are plenty of activities to do with the family. Every year during summer we post our list of favorites. Whether you want to enjoy the sunshine outside, get away from the rain! or cool off indoors. Read on for a summer of events, festivals, crafts, music, games, movies, and more (we have a few repeats from last year, because they were awesome!)
- On National Ice Cream Day, July 15th take a trolley tour and stop for ice-cream at a one of our new European favorite gelaterias. Or take advantage of Freddo’s 40% off purchases right in the heart of Brickell.
- Experience two days of the king of tropical fruit this coming weekend at all mango international festival.
- Enjoy a family day at Miami Design District Sunday July 15, no worries if you miss it, still plenty of fun things to do and see at this wonderful paradise of shops, museums, coffee shops and restaurants paradise any other day of the week.
- Become a scientist and enjoy exhibits, planetarium and aquarium at the spectacular Frost Science anytime during the week.
- If indoor is what you are looking for, there is a great addition to Miami’s indoor playgrounds – Walk a few blocks south from where most of the artsy action is in Wynwood and you’ll find a massive warehouse-turned-indoor-arcade with not just video games, but also laser tag, bumper cars and a 7-D theater.
- Looking to expose your kids to wild animals? Everglades Alligator Farms’might be for you then. While there’s an alligator feeding show and a snake show, most of the attraction is watching employees at the farm bravely wrestle giant creatures for your entertainment. The facility also offers airboat rides for a different type of adrenaline rush.
- Introduce your kids to some history and culture of the Miccosukee tribe at the Miccosukee Indian Village. Kids will learn and have fun browsing authentic crafts and patchwork, sampling the tribe’s cuisine and visiting the Indian Museum, which is packed with artifacts and exhibits.
- Every kid loves Italian food (pizza or pasta are my kids favorites) so while dining out with kiddos during summer do not think it over While it seems that a bit of Italy has moved to Brickell, we recommend a new addition to the Wynwood area – Sette Osteria (2103 NW 2nd Avenue).
- Go for a stroll, search for wildlife, and visit the lighthouse for a spectacular view at the KB Lighthouse-if your little one is over 42 inches tall anyway.
- Fly a kite in best kite park in Miami – Haulover Beach Park.
- Take a family bike ride on a kid-friendly biking trail.
- Stroll through a local farmers market and enjoy fresh groceries and festive atmosphere, if you are lucky maybe some live music.
- Head South to a Fresh Fruit Paradiseand grab the best milkshakes in Miami while kids pet their favorite farm animals.
- Pack a lunch and take it to one of the best spots in Miamifor a picnic.
- Hop on a vintage carouselat beautiful 2-mile beach.
- Hit the beach, relax for an hour or so to later let the kids play for a while at a local park with shade – one of my favorites, South Pointe Park!
- Step back in time, become a mermaid at a cave-like grotto and cool off at best nature-based pool ever!
- If you are looking for a quite yet entreating outing in the hidden gem of Palm Grove Historic District, then Ironside is your choice. A vibrant, mixed-use urban center with rainbow eucalyptus trees.
- Let your kids go rock climbing, exploring art, taking cool pictures at hipster neighborhood Wynwood– while you are at it take a salty break.
- Enjoy having hundreds of butterflies from all over the tropical world fluttering around you – Learn and experience the world of a butterfly.
- Head to South Beach, cool off and later let kids tumble over the astroturf mat on oval hump while you try to do some window shopping on our version of 5th Avenue in Miami Beach.
- Let the kids become Tarzan at the jungle, experience feeding primates running loose while you walk through a series of tunnel cages.
- Go bowling. and get some indoor time at the Shops at Sunset.
- Be wowed at a fairy tale architecture and waterfront Italian Renaissance-style villa, take a quick tour of the interior and head to the labyrinth and maze gardens.
- Experience life in old days Miami by exploring crafts, music and storytelling at History Miami, Family Fun days are on second Saturdays of the month and they are free.
- Visit your local library for summer library programevents: musical performances, puppet shows, book clubs, movies, workshops, etc.
- Feed a giraffe at the largest tropical cage-free zooin the Continental US, which boasts 2,00 animal.
- Explore the local children’s museum– free third Friday of every month thanks to Target!
- Stop by for story-time at cute clothing stores in Miami either Tuesdayor Wednesday.
- Get again artsy and experience hands-on activities for kids, free second Saturdays of the month at PAMM.
- Get splashed on and enjoy marine animal encounters, exhibits and shows closer to the Miami action.
- Enjoy nature at its best, environmental education, seagrass adventures, birdwatching, hammock hikeand more!
- Hit the ice when the weather is too hot or too rainy at state of the art 12,885 square ft. ice skating rink in Miami!
- Grab a bite, listen to live musing or do some shopping while looking above and checking out the colorful umbrella installations at Giralda Plaza.
Songs and tradition say that the Holiday season is the happiest time of the year. To us -moms-, sometimes things get pretty hectic, and might have to disagree with that affirmation. So, if you have decided to take it easy and not travel anywhere or are coming to Miami to spend this time of the […]
Veamos por donde veamos la superheroína esta por todos lados. Hace unos dias lei un articulo muy interesante sobre criar a nuestras hijas como superheroínas y no como princesas. La verdad que el artículo esta bueno y lo recomiendo pero creo que le falta algo muy importante. Si comparto que ambos, papá y mamá somos […]
Summer is almost over, already? If you read any mom related media everyone is talking about back to school. Well there are exactly three weeks left before school starts for most of us in Miami. I do not know how you feel about that, but personally I am not extremely excited. It is back to scheduling, […]
Why is the following gelato option list great for any kid and mom? Because it is summer and who does not want gelato when it is so hot? Also, I have thought of all the gelato stores you can go as a family outing – get ice-cream and do a “paseito” at the same time […]
Hola! Esta vez, voy en Español! Por que si, por que hoy se me antoja… y porque creo que tiene más sentido considerando de lo que voy a hablar. Quiero contarles algo que puede interesarles a muchas. Si! porque estoy fascinada con la experiencia de verano de mis niñas y obviamente estoy feliz porque ellas están […]