So, summer is almost here and you are starting to look for a summer program for your kids, there are many options out there but you do not know where to start. That is why we are bringing all the options to one place for you! We will be hosting the 2015 Summer Camp + FUN Fair on Saturday, May 2 from 10 am to 1 pm.
Some of you have asked us what a Camp Fair is? Camp fairs are free events that take place on weekends and bring dozens of camps straight to us, allowing us to have one-on-one conversations with many camp directors all within a few hours of time. Camp fairs give us a chance to explore interests and also provide us with the opportunity to ask key questions about different summer programs. Our 2015 Summer Camp + FUN Fair will be a welcome Summer event – presenting other summer programs as well, such as after school activities and other entertainment options as a family.
For us moms and dads searching for a camp or any summer activities, the fair will be a great way to find out what a program is really like before registering our children.
At the event we will be providing a guide with contact info and descriptions of every program out there. But because we know you are getting curious and perhaps anxious about what is out there, we are including below a list of top camps of which some will be present at the Fair. Bring your family for a day of fun, explore options and perhaps register your kids on site!
Nature & Exploration
- Camp Seaquarium @ Miami Seaquarium: Sun-and-fun-filled days of education & conservation. The weekly programs vary by age and skill levels. Activities include up-close animal interactions, animal shows, field & art activities, snacks and theme weeks.
- EcoAcademy Summer Camp: Hosted by the School of Environment, Arts and Society EcoAcademy features marine science activities, swimming, kayaking, and arts and crafts.
- Coconut Grove Sailing Club: Organized to give each camper opportunities for individual growth, learning new skills, making friends, developing teamwork and sailing how to sail safely. Open to children 6 to 14 years old.
- Summer Camp @ the Miami Rowing Center: Geared both to novice rowers looking to learn to row and experienced competitive rowers trying to hone their skills. Sweep, Sculling and land training.
- Escudero Paso Fino Riding School Summer Camp: Learn to ride with the experts. 20 years of experience. Specialized instructors. Equitation practice; horsemanship activities: groom, bath & catch horses, saddle up and more; team building activities with horses; horse painting.
- Miami Equestrian Center: Campers will have the opportunity to experience the joys of horsemanship, and the responsibilities of horse ownership. Campers will also have fun with mounted and unmounted games, arts and crafts, and plenty of water-balloon fights.
Sports & Movement
- Tennis Arraya Academy: Train with Pablo Arraya and his team in a world class, high intensity, fun Summer Camp for all levels and all ages.
- Summer Tennis Camp @the Ritz Carlton Key Biscayne: Different programs available according to age of camper. Intense tennis skill development with the Cliff Drysdale Tennis Center pros. The Camp takes place the nearby Crandon Park- home of the Sony-Ericsson Open.
- My Swim Academy: Onsite private, semi private and group swimming lessons, mommy and me classes, technique improvement and training.
- Super Soccer Stars: Different camps available: Mini Camp (3 hours of soccer fun and arts & crafts), Kick it Camp (4 hours of soccer skills development, individual and team activities, small-sided games), Premier Camp (exclusively to Super Soccer Stars Premier players and Travel Team players).
- Kydoo Kids Club & Café: Mini and Big Kydoo program Summer Camp. A little bit of everything Sensory games, dancing, music, sports, story telling, etc.
- Play-In: The activities included are art activities, yoga, movement and games
- My Gym: A half-day of games, relays, songs, dances, story time, music, sports, and much more. Designed to enhance physical growth and a sense of individual success.
Girls-Only Summer Camps
- Furia Flamenca Dance & Music: Girls will explore the wonderful art of flamenco dance, ballet, jazz, acting, music, singing, crafts, cooking, history and theory of flamenco dance, spanish culture and theater.
- Carrollton Summer Program for Girls: Girls from all over the world enjoy artistic, athletic and educational experiences while creating new friendships and wonderful memories. Four different options: STEM Camp (Grades 5-8), Around the World Camp (PK3-6), Academic Super Camp (Grades 3-6), Summer Sports Camp.
- First Girls Club Camp: Themed Two week sessions: musical theatre, art classes, fashion/etiquette. water day, arts & crafts, dance and field trips
School-Based Summer Camps
- The Factory of Fun Bilingual Camp @ Brickell International Academy: Themes will include activities in music,film-making, artists in action, Spanish games, hands-on young chefs, fun water play, arts & crafts, science fun, special visitor, campmemories, tennis lessons, swimming lessons, field Trips, movies, relay races and Hollywood in action.
- The Learning Spot: Catch up or get ahead in reading, writing, or math or any subject.
- Tiniciti: Campers will have the opportunity to discover and investigate their deepest curiosities through The Wonders of Art, Water, and Nature.
- Coconut Grove Montessori School: Campers have the opportunity to work with Montessori lessons as well as take part in a variety of fun and enriching activities, as field trips, athletics, visual and performing arts, science, music and movement and swimming instruction at the University of Miami.
- Mandelstam School: One of the oldest Summer Camps in Miami!! 21st year for the camp. Integrated program @ South Miami Gymnastics Center – gymnastics, dance, tennis, ceramics and swimming.
- Alexander Montessori Camp: Camp provides activities geared to the child’s age, developing and encouraging them individually. They alternate between indoor and outdoor events.
- Camp Gulliver: Long-standing summer program featuring swimming, tennis, gymnastics and sports. Different programs for different age groups and interests. From Jump Start into Camp Gulliver, Engineering Camp, Broadway, Academics and Athletics.
- STEM Summer Camp @ Village Montessori: This camp will integrate science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. Our students will still have a 3-hour uninterrupted work cycle as well as water play.
- The Cushman School: Variety of innovative summer programs, both fun and academic – offered to current students and the community in general. Each session will culminate in students creating a product, delivering a performance or participating in a healthy sports related competition encompassing the designated theme.
- St. Thomas: Several incredible programs for every child’s enjoyment. STEPS summer camp programs are staffed by qualified and experienced teachers whose reassuring attitudes encourage creativity and exploration.
- St. Philips: Variety of Camps available including Young explorers, Junior Sports Camp, Art & Engineering Camp, Ready-set-go.
- Key Point Academy´s Summer Activities: Camp is designed to foster each child’s creativity and problem-solving skills. Preschool students learn through guided investigations, interactive movement games, music, and art activities. Program also includes outdoor science exploration, guest performers, special projects and activities such as splash days and sports.
- Patrick Catholic Preschool: “SEUSSICAL SUMMER” Camp based on the books of Dr. Seuss will feature a different book each week and have activities, crafts, games, songs, role play and projects.
- Baby Scuola Summer Camp: Fieldtrips, fun game activities, art classes and face painting, sports, theme parties and celebrations, water days, bounce house days and more.
Science, Education & Fun
- FunCamps: Educates and engages campers from Magicamp, Funcamp and Jurasiicamp to Science Camp and GameTech computer camp.
- Nutty Scientists: Science, Art and Robotics through interactive and hands-on award winning methodologies. Crazy experiments, planetary visits, ghymkanas demonstrations, and daily topics, allow children to live science every day.
- Around the World French CAMP: Campers will enjoy daily French classes, etiquette, arts and crafts, theater, culture, food tasting, yoga, sports, outdoor French games, weekly field trip, splash days and a parents show. Beginners and bilingual children welcome.
- “Viva el Español” Camp: “Viva el Español” Drama, Fun, Culture, Arts & Crafts, guided conversation, pair work, language games & indoor and outdoor activities
- VS Brain Camp: Through interactive and fun games, brain programs, and specific interventions, children will improve their language, math, and behavioral skills necessary for learning. Neuropsychology and positive psychology approach. Dedicated to children who need to improve their academic or behavioral skills
- Organic Kids Camp: Inspire your child to use his or her imagination and be as creative as possible. Some of the enrichment classes your child will be doing each week are: Science Experiments, Dance, Arts & Crafts, Clay, Music, Creative movement, Yoga, Learning centers, Acting, Swimming, Splash day, Dancing, Sports.
- Coral Gables Museum: City Trekker Summer Camp offers fun, educational activities while exploring the city of Coral Gables through a variety of disciplines and takes advantage of all the cultural destinations and activities that the city and the museum offer.
Performance, Dance & Movement
- Coconut Grove Ballet Intensive: The program allows children to explore various types of dance forms such as ballet, tap, hip hop, jazz, acrobatics and flamenco.
- GYM KIDZ: Participants will improve technique, physical strength flexibility, and coordination in progressive gymnastics while enjoying fun activities like arts and crafts, games, movie time, music and more.
- YMCA Miami Camps: Variety of camps available at different locations throughout Miami.
- IDEA @ The Bass: Campers will be grouped according to age and will participate in museum exploration, painting, drawing, 3D design and theatre arts!
- Miami Dade Parks Summer Camp: Offers a wide range of outdoor camps to kids at park locations throughout the county. Camps include programs for general activities, swimming, sports, environmental and children with disabilities.
- PAMM Museum: Art Camp offers an opportunity to explore weekly themes through arts-based activities and works on view in our galleries.
- University of Miami Summer Programs: The University of Miami offers a wide range of summer programs including reading programs for grade-school children and a variety of enrichment programs for high school students. Some of the many programs include: Summer Theatre Academy @UM, Mini Canes Recreational Sports Camp, Frost Music Time Summer Camp, Hurricane Aquatics, Young Musicians’ Camp,
- Rock Music Camp @ Center Tone Music School: Students will learn the basics of putting together a real rock//pop band, basic instrumental instruction on electric guitar, electric bass, drums, keyboard, latin percussion, stage presence, music production, DJ, singing, recording, iPad recording.
- School of Rock Music: The school offers summer, winter and spring break rock music camps, designed for musicians of all skill levels who play guitar, bass, drums, keyboard, and vocals. Beginner Camp, Performance Camp and heavy metal camp programs.
- Art & Rollerblading Summer Camp 2015: A little bit of everything, art, rollerblading, science, water, fun. 5 to 9 year olds.
Parks & Recreation – Community Centers
Photo Credits: Paso Fino, Super Soccer Stars, PAMM
Note: The 70 Summer Camps list was put together by BKB Moms. We have made every effort to include relevant info, however we are not responsible for any of the changes in rates, prices, schedules of the different summer camp options. We encourage you to attend our SUMMER event to meet with Camp representatives and expose your kids to the many activities and sports available. If you would like to share please credit BKB MOMS.