Our much awaited Summer Camp List 2016, TOP 10, Most Recommended and More! What makes our list so attractive is that we have taken the time to research all different options, we also provide those jewels that you will only hear from a friend. We have divided camps into different categories which we understand are important to us, camp details can be found by clicking on each camp below!
Pic: St Thomas Camp
Nature & Exploration
- EcoAcademy Summer Camp: Hosted by the School of Environment, Arts and Society EcoAcademy features marine science activities, swimming, kayaking, and arts and crafts.
- Coconut Grove Sailing Club: Organized to give each camper opportunities for individual growth, learning new skills, making friends, developing teamwork and sailing how to sail safely. Open to children 6 to 14 years old.
- Summer Camp @ the Miami Rowing Center: Geared both to novice rowers looking to learn to row and experienced competitive rowers trying to hone their skills. Sweep, Sculling and land training.
- Miami Equestrian Center: Campers will have the opportunity to experience the joys of horsemanship, and the responsibilities of horse ownership. Campers will also have fun with mounted and unmounted games, arts and crafts, and plenty of water-balloon fights.
- Key Biscayne Aquatic Camp: Every camper is encouraged to explore what lies beyond the water edges. Water activities are presented as hands-on-fun, campers learn about water safety.
- Camp Seaquarium @ Miami Seaquarium: Sun-and-fun-filled days of education & conservation. The weekly programs vary by age and skill levels. Activities include up-close animal interactions, animal shows, field & art activities, snacks and theme weeks.
Sports & Movement
Pic: Hurricane Aquatics
- Hurricane Aquatics @ UM: This celebrated day camp, based at the beautiful outdoor pool at the Whitten University Center on the Coral Gables campus, provides instruction in the areas of swimming in a group setting, springboard diving, and stroke technique. To participate in Swim Camp, each camper must be 7 years old and able to swim 25yds of Free Style.
- Summer Tennis Camp @the Ritz Carlton Key Biscayne: Different programs available according to age of camper. Intense tennis skill development with the Cliff Drysdale Tennis Center pros. The Camp takes place the nearby Crandon Park- home of the Sony-Ericsson Open. For younger tennis players -Ages: 5-10 year old- ($250M/$295NM/Week) – Dates June 6-August 12 – Contact: 305.365.4300
- Arraya Tennis Academy: Train with Pablo Arraya and his team in a world class, high intensity, fun Summer Camp for all levels and all ages.
- Swim Kids School: Toddler and preschool summer program that meets 4 times a week. Swimming lessons, water games, mini water park, beach day, arts and crafts and more!
- Super Soccer Stars: Different camps available: Mini Camp (3 hours of soccer fun and arts & crafts), Kick it Camp (4 hours of soccer skills development, individual and team activities, small-sided games), Premier Camp (exclusively to Super Soccer Stars Premier players and Travel Team players).
- Kydoo Kids Club & Café: Mini and Big Kydoo Summer Camp. A little bit of everything Sensory games, 3D sculpting, dancing, music, sports, scrapbooking, arts & crafts, story telling, etc.
- Play-In: The activities included are art activities, yoga, movement and games
- My Gym: A half-day of games, relays, songs, dances, story time, music, sports, and much more. Designed to enhance physical growth and a sense of individual success.
Girls-Only Summer Camps
- Furia Flamenca Dance & Music: Girls will explore the wonderful art of flamenco dance, ballet, jazz, acting, music, singing, crafts, cooking, history and theory of flamenco dance, spanish culture and theater.
- Carrollton Summer Program for Girls: Girls from all over the world enjoy artistic, athletic and educational experiences while creating new friendships and wonderful memories. Four different options: STEM Camp (Grades 5-8), Around the World Camp (PK3-6), Academic Super Camp (Grades 3-6), Summer Sports Camp. Contact: 305.446.5663, ext. 2340
- First Girls Club Camp: Themed Two week sessions: musical theatre, art classes, fashion/etiquette. water day, arts & crafts, dance and field trips
School-Based Summer Camps
- St. Thomas: Several incredible programs for every child’s enjoyment. STEPS summer camp programs are staffed by qualified and experienced teachers whose reassuring attitudes encourage creativity and exploration. Ages: 3 through rising 5th grade Cost: ($250 – $380 depending on focus) Contact: 305.665.4851
- Key Point Academy´s Summer Activities: Camp is designed to foster each child’s creativity and problem-solving skills. Preschool students learn through guided investigations, interactive movement games, music, and art activities. Program also includes outdoor science exploration, guest performers, special projects and activities such as splash days and sports. Brickell and Coral Gables locations!
- La Prima Casa: Each session will be inspired by a theme and all activities, guest speakers, shows and field trips will relate to that theme.
- Sunshine Summer Camp: A Private Camp for Girls & Boys Ages 3 – 13. This program grants children the opportunity to grow spiritually in a Christian environment and promote physical development. A 9-week program (June 13th and continue through August 12th, 2016). Sunshine Summer Camp is independently owned and operated and is not affiliated with nor associated with Sts. Peter & Paul School and or Sts. Peter & Paul Catholic Church.
- KLA Schools Summer Camp: Campers will explore the world of Miami by engaging children through fun games, arts and craft.
- The Factory of Fun Bilingual Camp @ Brickell International Academy: Themes will include activities in music,film-making, artists in action, Spanish games, hands-on young chefs, fun water play, arts & crafts, science fun, special visitor, campmemories, tennis lessons, swimming lessons, field Trips, movies, relay races and Hollywood in action.
- The Learning Spot: Catch up or get ahead in reading, writing, or math or any subject.
- Tiniciti: Campers will have the opportunity to discover and investigate their deepest curiosities through The Wonders of Art, Water, and Nature.
- Coconut Grove Montessori School: Campers have the opportunity to work with Montessori lessons as well as take part in a variety of fun and enriching activities, as field trips, athletics, visual and performing arts, science, music and movement and swimming instruction at the University of Miami.
- Camp Gulliver: Long-standing summer program featuring swimming, tennis, gymnastics and sports. Different programs for different age groups and interests. From Jump Start into Camp Gulliver, Engineering Camp, Broadway, Academics and Athletics.
Pic: Miami Country Day School Camp
- The Cushman School: Variety of innovative summer programs, both fun and academic – offered to current students and the community in general. Each session will culminate in students creating a product, delivering a performance or participating in a healthy sports related competition encompassing the designated theme.
- St. Philips: Variety of Camps available including Young explorers, Junior Sports Camp, Art & Engineering Camp, Ready-set-go.
- St Patrick Catholic Preschool: “SEUSSICAL SUMMER” Camp based on the books of Dr. Seuss will feature a different book each week and have activities, crafts, games, songs, role play and projects.
- Baby Scuola Summer Camp: Fieldtrips, fun game activities, art classes and face painting, sports, theme parties and celebrations, water days, bounce house days and more. Best for little ones.
- Organic Kids Camp: Inspire your child to use his or her imagination and be as creative as possible. Some of the enrichment classes your child will be doing each week are: Science Experiments, Dance, Arts & Crafts, Clay, Music, Creative movement, Yoga, Learning centers, Acting, Swimming, Splash day, Dancing, Sports.
- Fun Days by the Bay@Inmaculata-LaSalle High School: religious camp that fosters the whole child to the teachings of Jesus Christ in the Salesian spirit of St. John Bosco. . Activities include: swim, meals, faith-fillers, recreational and athletic activities.
- Ransom Everglades Day Camp: Ransom Everglades School, located on beautiful Biscayne Bay has its own waterfront facility, fully outfitted for sailing and canoeing. Activities include: Aquatics, Sailing, Archery, Arts & Crafts, Basketball, Canoeing, Drama, Karate, Soccer, Tennis, Yoga. Campers enjoy learning about boating safety, seafaring rules, and terminology while cruising the bay aboard their fleet.
Indoor/Outdoor Combined Fun
Pic: Alexander Montessori
Alexander Montessori Camp: Camp provides activities geared to the child’s age, developing and encouraging them individually. They alternate between indoor and outdoor events. Ages: 18 months to 12 years old – Dates: June 13-August 19- ($205-$275 – Prices vary according to program). Contact: 305.665.6274
Science, Education & Fun
Pic: Zaniac Learning
- Zaniac Learning: Zaniac’s mission is to prepare the next generation of critical thinkers, makers, doers and empower them to become innovators, creators and build their confidence. Different programs that include Computer Programming/coding, LEGO® Robotics, 3D Printing, Fashion Design, Tinkering and different variations of Minecraft™ – Ages 5-15 years old Dates: May 31st – August 22nd- ($599/week). Contact: 305.668.0605
- FunCamps: Educates and engages campers from Magicamp, Funcamp and Jurasiicamp to Science Camp and GameTech computer camp.
- Nutty Scientists CampsNutty Scientists® Miami Camps:An innovative form of “edutainment” (entertainment + education). Combining fun with learning, each camp contains an educational theme that keeps children engaged from day to day. One new theme is learned each day, and all activities are related to this theme, therefore children stay focused on one subject solidifying the concept.
- MCM Explorers @ Miami Children’s Museum: This summer explore the cultures of the world and the roles that sports and art play in places like Greece, Brazil, Mexico, Portugal, New Zealand and more! Each week campers, discover new sport and explore the countries in which it is most popular. $198 members/$220 non-members.
- Around the World French CAMP: Campers will enjoy daily French classes, etiquette, arts and crafts, theater, culture, food tasting, yoga, sports, outdoor French games, weekly field trip, splash days and a parents show. Beginners and bilingual children welcome.
- “Viva el Español” Camp: “Viva el Español” Drama, Fun, Culture, Arts & Crafts, guided conversation, pair work, language games & indoor and outdoor activities.
- VS Brain Camp: Through interactive and fun games, brain programs, and specific interventions, children will improve their language, math, and behavioral skills necessary for learning. Neuropsychology and positive psychology approach. Dedicated to children who need to improve their academic or behavioral skills. Various modalities available.
- Coral Gables Museum: City Trekker Summer Camp offers fun, educational activities while exploring the city of Coral Gables through a variety of disciplines and takes advantage of all the cultural destinations and activities that the city and the museum offer.
- Mandelstam School: One of the oldest Summer Camps in Miami!! 21st year for the camp. Integrated program @ South Miami Gymnastics Center – gymnastics, dance, tennis, ceramics and swimming.
- GYM KIDZ: Participants will improve technique, physical strength flexibility, and coordination in progressive gymnastics while enjoying fun activities like arts and crafts, games, movie time, music and more.
Performance, Dance & Movement
Pic: Camp Broadway
- Camp Broadway @ Arsht Center: for theater-loving kids, ages 10-17, to develop their confidence, character and presentation skills through lessons in dance, acting, singing and ensemble performance. The week-long program will culminate in a special finale musical performance open to the public and on the Arsht Center Stage. Dates: August 8 – 12, 2016 Cost: ($750/weekly) Contact: 305.949.6722
- Coconut Grove Ballet Intensive: The program allows children to explore various types of dance forms such as ballet, tap, hip hop, jazz, acrobatics and flamenco.
- IDEA @ The Bass: Campers will be grouped according to age and will participate in museum exploration, painting, drawing, 3D design and theatre arts! Cancelled due to renovation
- Miami Dade Parks Summer Camp: Offers a wide range of outdoor camps to kids at park locations throughout the county. Camps include programs for general activities, swimming, sports, environmental and children with disabilities.
- University of Miami Summer Programs: The University of Miami offers a wide range of summer programs including reading programs for grade-school children and a variety of enrichment programs for high school students. Some of the many programs include: Summer Theatre Academy @UM, Mini Canes Recreational Sports Camp, Frost Music Time Summer Camp, Hurricane Aquatics, Young Musicians’ Camp.
- Rock Music Camp @ Center Tone Music School: Students will learn the basics of putting together a real rock//pop band, basic instrumental instruction on electric guitar, electric bass, drums, keyboard, latin percussion, stage presence, music production, DJ, singing, recording, iPad recording.
- School of Rock Music: The school offers summer, winter and spring break rock music camps, designed for musicians of all skill levels who play guitar, bass, drums, keyboard, and vocals. Beginner Camp, Performance Camp and heavy metal camp programs.
Pic: Art & Rollerblading Camp
- SUMM-ART 2016 – El Atelier de Miss Paty: Stars early! May 30-August 26, Kids will work with clay, play dough, color combinations, exploration and self-expression, arts and crafts, fun and field trips. $220 per week includes materials.
Parks & Recreation/Community Centers
- YMCA Miami Camps: Variety of camps available at different locations throughout Miami.
Therapeutic Summer Camp
- My Time Pediatric: Inclusive groups promoting sensory motor skills, attention, regulation, feeding, language skills. Ages (3-8 years old) – Dates: June 13-August 12 ($400/week) Contact: 305.632.3359/mytimepediatrictherapy.com
Sleep Away Summer Camp
- Camp Guaikinima: Development of programs that combine fun with the complementary development of the child, in contact with nature, away from everyday life, living new experiences and developing new skills that will teach them valuable knowledge for their personal growth.
Photo Credits: St Thomas, Super Soccer Stars, Miami Country Day School Camp, Alexander Montessori, Camp Broadway, Art & Rollerblading Summer Camp.
Note: The 70 Summer Camps list was put together by BKB Moms. We have made every effort to include relevant info, however we are not responsible for any of the changes in rates, prices, schedules of the different summer camp options. We encourage you to attend our SUMMER event to meet with Camp representatives and hear about our recommendations. If you would like to share please credit BKB MOMS.