School is finally over! If you are staying in Miami or you are planning a visit to Miami – There are plenty of fun things to do with the kids in and around this summer. Whether you want to enjoy the sunshine outside, get away from the rain! or cool off indoors. Read on for a summer of events, festivals, crafts, music, games, movies, and more.
- 1. Take a trolley tour and stop for ice-cream at a local Gelateria.
- 2. Become a scientist and enjoy exhibits, planetarium and aquarium at the spectacular and new Frost Science anytime during the week.
- 3. Experience art while rollerskating with music at Faena Forum every second Sunday of the month.
- 4. Go for a stroll, search for wildlife, and visit the lighthouse for a spectacular view at the KB Lighthouse -if your little one is over 42 inches tall anyway.
- 5. Go on a free tour of the largest performing arts center built in the United States in the last three decades, The Arsht Center now offers free regularly scheduled tours twice a week.
- 6. Fly a kite in best kite park in Miami – Haulover Beach Park.
- 7. Take a family bike ride on a kid-friendly biking trail – some of my favorites in Key Biscayne.
- 8. Stroll through a local farmers market and enjoy fresh groceries and festive atmosphere, if you are lucky maybe some live music.
- 9.Head South to a Fresh Fruit Paradise and grab the best milkshakes in Miami while kids pet their favorite farm animals.
- 10. Pack a lunch and take it to one of the best spots in Miami for a picnic.
- 11. Hop on a vintage carousel at beautiful 2-mile beach.
- 12. Hit the beach, relax for an hour or so to later let the kids play for a while at a local park with shade – one of my favorites, South Pointe Park!
- 13.Step back in time, become a mermaid at a cave-like grotto and cool off at best nature-based pool ever!
- 14. Let your kids go rock climbing, exploring art, taking cool pictures at hipster neighborhood Wynwood – while you are at it take a salty break.
- 15. Head to South Beach, cool off and later let kids tumble over the astroturf mat on oval hump while you try to do some window shopping on our version of 5th Avenue in Miami Beach.
- 16. Let the kids become Tarzan at the jungle, experience feeding primates running loose while you walk through a series of tunnel cages.
- 17. Experience two days of the king of tropical fruit at all mango international festival.
- 18. Go Bowling and get some indoor time at the Shops at Sunset.
- 19. Be wowed at a fairy tale architecture and waterfront Italian Renaissance-style villa, take a quick tour of the interior and head to the labyrinth and maze gardens.
- 20. Experience life in old days Miami by exploring crafts, music and storytelling at History Miami, Family Fun days are on second Saturdays of the month and they are free.
- 21. Visit your local library for summer library program events: musical performances, puppet shows, book clubs, movies, workshops, etc.
- 22. Feed a giraffe at the largest tropical cage-free zoo in the Continental US, which boasts 2,00 animal plus camel rides.
- 23. Explore the local children’s museum – free third Friday of every month thanks to Target!
- 24. Celebrate 4th of July with the traditional Key Biscayne Parade or head to historical Biltmore for music, food and fireworks!
- 25. Stop by for storytime at cute clothing stores in Miami either Tuesday or Wednesday.
- 26. Get again artsy and experience hands-on activities for kids, free second Saturdays of the month at PAMM.
- 27. Register your child for a free technology camp at a Microsoft or Apple store near you.
- 28. Get splashed on and enjoy marine animal encounters, exhibits and shows closer to the Miami action.
- 29. Enjoy nature at its best, environmental education, seagrass adventures, birdwatching, hammock hike and more!
- 30. Enjoy having hundreds of butterflies from all over the tropical world fluttering around you – Learn and experience the world of a butterfly.
- 31. Get your kids into mindfulness practice through mindful games, group activities and focused awareness practices on a 5 week journey.
- 32. Hit the ice when the weather is too hot or too rainy at state of the art 12,885 square ft. ice skating rink in Miami!
Photo credit: Frost by Martha Zambrana, Faena Forum by Faena
Hola, aquí estoy de nuevo y hoy para compartirles una de mis actividades favoritas. Desde hace ya mas de un año que una vez por mes con una amiga hemos instaurado “el día del turismo local”. Te preguntarás en que consiste esto de turismo local? – Bueno, básicamente decidimos ser turistas en la ciudad que […]
Hi there! There is a new event coming to Key Biscayne this weekend. BKB Moms is a proud member and supporter of the Key Biscayne Chamber of Commerce so we highly encourage you to join this fun-filled day designed to bring families together while learning about the different businesses in the community. This event provides […]
Me encanta porque Miami cada día está mas linda. Para las que vivimos aquí desde hace bastante, ya casi 15 años en mi caso, Miami siempre tuvo su encanto- pero debemos admitirlo en el ámbito cultural, arte y tecnología faltaban algunas cosas. Hoy me animo a decir que ya no le falta nada! Entre otras […]
I went to business school thinking that one day I would want to be the CEO of a company. Right after college I worked in a technology company to later move into in the banking industry. After my Master’s degree, I began academic research on Latin American female entrepreneurs. Soon, I transitioned into media. Experimenting, […]
Summer is finally approaching and we are almost ready to roll with activities for the kids. Remember, summer is about letting our kids explore different disciplines, sports and activities so that they can find what drives and makes them passionate. ! Like we do every year, after researching over 300 summer programs in Miami […]